Strolls for Well-being at ISU: Press Pause & Take a Break...
There are now 12 Strolls available - four for each season! So check out the fall, winter, spring, or summer options with different themes to explore.
Each season offers six unique places to pause (stop) on campus to engage with the beautiful art and discover quiet spots on a busy campus.
We also launched Pick a Place for those who are not on campus or want options to use away from campus.
If you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed or simply need to step away from your workspace, the Strolls for Well-being at ISU were created to offer you various opportunities on central campus or wherever you are.
Practicing mindfulness and making time for well-being supports your work-life balance and the ability to enjoy the present moment with happiness and wonder. And we know that it is often difficult to find time for a formal practice. Whether you have 30 minutes or 5 minutes, these materials have been designed to be flexible and fit into your schedule. So, pick a pause, a stroll, or step away from your space and ‘pause where you are’– it is up to you. These mindfulness practices offer ideas of locations on campus to go, reflection questions to ponder and simple strategies to get you into the present moment. Make the time to take a few deep breaths, notice the natural beauty around you and simply ‘be’ for a few moments.
What there is to explore:
- Background - Offers the background, foundation and how to get started- first steps.
- Maps and Location Details - Offers the maps with the locations and information on the pause locations selected.
- Strolls by the Season - Offers the seasonal strolls, each with three stroll options of different themes; each theme has the same six pauses (stop locations) with a different contemplative focus. Fall Stroll themes are: Connection, Awareness and Transition. Winter Stroll themes are: Journey, Possibility and Gratitude. Spring Stroll themes: Joy, Forgiveness and Trust. Summer Stroll themes: Reflection, Fulfillment and Freedom.
- Pause Where You Are - Options for when you have just a few minutes.
- Pick a Pause - Options to explore one pause on campus.
- Pick a Place - Options to explore the twelve themes wherever you are - home, in a park, looking out a window.
- FAQs - Offers responses to the frequently asked questions (so far).
The Strolls for Well-being at ISU program is a collaborative effort by the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) and ISU WellBeing to bring more mindfulness opportunities to campus. This program is based on the Stroll for Well-Being and Healing Gardens Walk program at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Florida. We thank the staff for their time, knowledge, and resources that they shared to make this program a reality at ISU.