ISU Employee Flu Clinic, Fall 2022
Monday, October 3rd - Friday, October 14th
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
State Gym, South Courts
ISU WellBeing is partnering with Occupational Medicine to provide flu vaccinations to eligible ISU employees. The vaccine is provided at no cost as a service through ISU WellBeing.
The CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against this serious disease. While there are many different flu viruses, the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the top three or four flu viruses that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. People should begin getting vaccinated soon after flu vaccine becomes available, ideally by October, to ensure that as many people as possible are protected before flu season begins. For more information on the flu vaccine for 2022, visit the CDC website at 2020-2021 Influenza Season.
High risk employees are those who are older or have underlying medical conditions - see CDC guidelines.
The following groups are eligible to receive this free service:
- Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit and Post Docs
- University Child Care (employees only)
- Retirees on health plan who are not yet 65
- ISU Foundation employees Iowa State Daily employees
The following groups are NOT eligible for this campus clinic:
- Students (undergrad and graduate) and visiting scholars. Please contact Thielen Student Health Center for vaccination information.
- Spouses and dependents.
Here are some tips to help make your flu vaccination go as smoothly as possible:
- No appointment is necessary.
- It is a paperless process – employees will need to know their ISU ID to get flu shot.
- Wear short sleeve or loose fitting shirt for ease of administration.
- Main Flu Clinic entrance is SW corner of the building– please come to the south door of State Gym to enter.
- Parking is available.
- Accessible entrance also on the SW corner of the building-look for signage
- Parking is available in the General Staff lot immediately south of state gym which runs parallel to Sheldon Ave.
- Parking lot requires permit (Lot #1 on this map ISU Online Campus Map (iastate.edu)
- There will be a limited number of free non-staff permit spaces available close to the entrance.
- Cy-Ride also stops outside of State Gym on Union Drive.
For more information on the flu vaccination clinic at ISU, see the Flu Shot 2022 - Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions, please contact the UHR Service Center at 294-4800.