ISU Employee Flu Clinic, Fall 2022
ISU WellBeing is partnering with Occupational Medicine to provide flu vaccinations to eligible ISU employees. The vaccine is provided at no cost as a service through ISU WellBeing.
This year flu vaccinations will be available Monday - Friday from September 21 to October 2
NEW LOCATION - Stephens Auditorium at the Iowa State Center.
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am RESERVED for higher risk employees*
- 10:00 m – 4:00 pm Open for all employees
*High risk employees are those who are older or have underlying medical conditions - see CDC guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE there have been many changes to the process and location for the Flu Clinic for 2020, so please read over the FAQ to get details before going.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all staff and employees, the four key Cyclones Care Behaviors will be strictly followed.
- Physical Distancing - Stephen's Auditorium was chosen to accommodate maximum physical distancing!
- Face Coverings are required to enter the building to get your flu shot.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for use in several locations.
- Stay Home if ill – complete the daily Cyclones Care Symptom Tracker before you come. If you are not safe to be on campus – please wait and come a different day.
Here are some tips to help make your flu vaccination as painless as possible:
- No appointment is necessary.
- Be prepared to answer yes or no to Cyclone Cares Symptom Checker.
- Temperature checks will be performed. Any employee with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will not be able get their vaccine that day.
- Paperless process – employees MUST know their ISU ID to get flu shot.
- Wear short sleeve or loose fitting shirt for ease of administration.
- Closest parking is Lot F on the west side of Stephens Auditorium.
The flu shot is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older. If you are pregnant, the flu shot is recommended, however, pregnant women are encouraged to check with your physician prior to vaccination. The flu season peaks in December - February, but can run from October until early May. For more information on the flu vaccine for 2020, visit the CDC website at 2020-2021 Influenza Season.
The following groups are eligible to receive this free service:
- Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit and Post Docs
- University Child Care (employees only)
- Retirees on health plan who are not yet 65
- ISU Foundation employees Iowa State Daily employees
The following groups are NOT eligible for this campus clinic:
- Students (undergrad and graduate) and visiting scholars. Please contact Thielen Student Health Center for vaccination information.
- Spouses and dependents.
For more information on the flu vaccination clinic at ISU, see the Flu Shot 2020 - Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions, please contact the UHR Service Center at 294-4800.