Employee Flu Shot Clinic October 4th - 15th!
ISU WellBeing is once again partnering with Ames Lab Occupational Medicine to provide flu vaccinations to eligible ISU employees. The vaccine is provided at no cost as a service through ISU WorkLife and WellBeing. This year flu vaccinations will be available October 4 - October 15 from 9:00am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday at State Gym, south gym.
Here are some tips to help make your flu vaccination go smoothly and safely:
- No appointment is necessary; come during the time most convenient to you
- Exception 9 - 10:00 a.m. is reserved for those who are older or have underlying medical conditions.
- Face coverings are required in the clinic.
- Bring your ISU card; your University ID number is helpful with registration
- Wear short sleeve or loose fitting shirt so the nurse can easily administer the vaccine to your upper arm
- Clinic entrance is the southwest corner of State Gym - follow the signs.
- There is limited parking. Four metered spots are reserved to the east of the gym. There is a General Staff parking lot to the south, permit required. Please consider biking, walking, or CyRide if on campus.
The flu shot is recommended yearly for everyone 6 months of age and older. If you are pregnant, the flu shot is recommended, however, pregnant women are encouraged to check with your physician prior to vaccination. The flu season peaks in December - February, but can run from October until early May. For more information on the flu vaccine for 2021, visit the CDC website at 2021-2022 Influenza Season.
The following employee groups are eligible to receive this free service:
- Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit and Post Docs
- Retirees on ISU's health plan who are not yet 65
- ISU Foundation employees
- Iowa State Daily employees
- University Child Care (employees only)
The following groups are NOT eligible for this campus clinic:
- Students (undergrad and graduate) and visiting scholars. Please contact Thielen Student Health Center for vaccination information.
- Spouses and dependents.
For more information on the flu vaccination clinic at ISU, see the Flu Shot 2021 - Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions, please contact the UHR Service Center at 294-4800.